RULES AND PROCEDURES
ACADEMIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Academic Rules and Regulations for B.A. /B.Sc. Programs in the Semester System will be
administered by the Dibrugarh University Academic Calendar.
- College Timing: Weekdays from 9:00AM to 3:15 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- College Uniform:
Boys: - White Shirt, Black Pant, Black Shoes and Navy Blue Sweater or Blazer.
Girls: - White Kurta, Sky Blue Pant and Dupatta (Surni), Navy Blue Sweater or Blazer.
- Students Identity Card: Hanging type Identity cards with coloured photo will be issued to the students
and should be worn on all weekdays.
- Attendance: A student must attend a minimum 75% of the total number of classes held; otherwise the
student will not be allowed to appear in the concerning final examination.
- Examination/ Seminar:
Internal examinations are conducted by the College including Sessional Examinations, Departmental
Tests, Unit Tests and Assignments. Besides, Seminar and Group Discussions are conducted by the
concerning Departments and students participation will be counted for internal assessment of Marks.
- Rules of Discipline:Great emphasis is laid on discipline and character building and students are expected
to maintain a high standard of discipline. They are subject to rules and regulations of the College.
- The students are required to reach the institution at least 15 minutes before schedule of the
classes in full uniform with identity card.
- All forms of ragging in the college campus are prohibited. Strong disciplinary action may be
taken if anyone is found to be involved directly or indirectly in ragging.
- Pupils should not keep costly items (mobile phone, money etc.) with them. The college does
not take responsibility in case of any loss or damage.
- Bringing mobile phone for use is strictly prohibited inside the class room.
- Bike rider, that is, student is not allowed to the College Campus without driving licence and
The student admitted to the College must abide by all rules and regulations as prescribed by the
College authorities. Violation of rules, irregular attendance, showing discourtesy to the teacher and
staff members in any form, adoption of unfair means during examination etc. are some of the offences
which may make students liable for disciplinary action and even expulsion from the college at any
time of the years with immediate effect.
- Application for admission into the 1st Semester in the college should be made in prescribed application form issued by the college office.
- Application completely filled should reach the office of the College on or before notified date.
- Admission into the college is made in order of merit and is governed by the college admission rules Decision of Admission Committee regarding admission will be final.
- Completed Admission form accompanied by self attested copies of all testimonials as stated in the admission form must be enclosed.
- Candidates are required to produce the original copies of all the testimonials at the time of admission.
- Reservation will be maintained for SC/ST and OBC candidate as per the rules of the Govt. of Assam.
- Provisional merit list of the candidate will be prepared and published two days before of the scheduled admission date.
- The decision of the Principal regarding any dispute in admission related issue is final.
- Candidates having more than three years study gap will not be eligible for admission.
Rules for Internal Assessment in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Programs in Semester System
- The marks allotted for Internal Assessment (20 Marks) in each course shall be based on the following:
Each Sessional Examination shall be conducted by the concerned department. The concerned department
shall fix the date of the Sessional Examination of each course complying with the Academic Calendar of
the University. The students shall have to write the answers in the scripts provided and duly authenticated
by the College.
- Sessional Examination I (Written) 40% of the marks allotted for internal assessment.
- Sessional Examination-II (Written)- 40% of the marks allotted for internal assessment.
- Seminar/ Group Discussion- 20% of the marks allotted for internal assessment.
- After evaluation, the answer scripts should be shown to the students and corrections should be made if
necessary. After this, the answer scripts should be collected back from the students.
- There shall be no provision for repeat/betterment in the Sessional Examination. If a student misses any
Sessional examination for unavoidable reasons, the concerned department may allow the student to appear
in a separate examination. The marks of internal assessment secured by a candidate shall be carried over
to next legitimate chances.
- If any student fails to appear in internal assessment, he/she will not be eligible to appear in the end semester
examinations of the course(s) concerned. The colleges/ institutes shall notify the same prior to filling up
forms for examinations.
If a student involves in any unethical or unfair means leading to the violation of the environment or
the dignity of the College, the authority has the right to expel the concerned student from the
College in any stage of the course.